ASSAB Introducing Formvar
We are up to the challenge!
One of the keys to increasing productivity in forging lies with the quality of material used. For the customer a better quality means longer tool life and a lower overall cost. With a complete steel range for forging and a strong commitment of finding customised opportunities, ASSAB is now able to offer a solution for every new challenge.
By welcoming a new member to the product programme, ASSAB’s forging offer becomes even more complete. The latest addition, Formvar, is highly suitable for press forging applications. Thanks to its good resistance to hot wear and plastic deformation, this new tool steel ensures increased tool life over H13/H11 dies.
Other steel grades included in the ASSAB Hot Forging programme are:
- QRO 90 Supreme – a great choice for long-lasting dies
- Unimax – can increase the life of the forging die significantly
- Dievar – excels in most areas as a hot work tool steel
- ASSAB 8407 Supreme – a solid choice for increased tool performance
- ASSAB 8407 2M – a reliable forging tool steel because of its balanced properties
- Alvar 14 – a pre-hardened grade suitable for hammer forging
For more information, click on Hot Forging.